Credit cards affiliated to charities?

micamaca

Hi folks,

we use our credit card quite a lot, all our grocery bills, petrol, etc. The bank makes nothing from us personally as we never pay interest.

I was wondering do people know about MBNA charity cards - credit cards that supposedly donate such and such to charity? I was just thinking it would be nice if someone else made a little money from all our purchases not just the banks.

Has anyone ever got an MBNA card say for the DSPCA...how do you know how much money gets donated, if any! Or is this all just a load of rubbish?

would appreciate some feedback... thanks micamaca

Has anyone ever got an MBNA card say for the DSPCA...how do you know how much money gets donated, if any!

Seems to be usually a one-off contribution per card of 10-15 euro, then a percentage of each transaction of anything up to 0.05, i.e one twentieth of one percent.

See here for examples:
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Would be worth doing if, as you say, you are spending reasonable amounts of money with the card, but always paying off at the end of the month.

Thanks for those, I had a search and didn't find anything myself! I've decided to email the Dspca to see if it's worth their while.

If they don't get anything from MBNA I'd rather know now... and who monitors this stuff anyway.

micamaca said:
Hi folks,

we use our credit card quite a lot, all our grocery bills, petrol, etc. The bank makes nothing from us personally as we never pay interest.

I was wondering do people know about MBNA charity cards - credit cards that supposedly donate such and such to charity? I was just thinking it would be nice if someone else made a little money from all our purchases not just the banks.

Has anyone ever got an MBNA card say for the DSPCA...how do you know how much money gets donated, if any! Or is this all just a load of rubbish?

would appreciate some feedback... thanks micamaca
I have the MBNA credit card for the DSPCA. I was told at the beginning that 1p per punt (at the time) would go to the DSPCA. I'll re-check my documentation tonight to be sure.

Back