Crank shaft failure on a car with less than 10000km

I am pricing a new VW at the moment. Everything is for delivery in 12 months time.

Anyway the showroom models are all diesel and I want a petrol. So I drove a used 212 registered petrol model with 8k on the clock.

Anyway the asking price for the used 212 model was €1k more than what I am being quoted to pay now for the same model for delivery in a year's time. This is completely unlike a "normal" car market where you lose 15%-20% of the value when you drive off the forecourt.

I don't watch the market in detail and I don't know if this is a general phenomenon. But might explain why the garage was happy to take it back.

You said:

How do you reconcile no 2nd hand models going for more than new when the average change in value of 1 year old cars is an increase of 1% above the sales price?
This topic is not about our particular disagreement, or whatever. Someone mentioned that 2nd hand cars were being sold for more than new versions, I disagreed and asked for proof. I did not get any and don't expect to. Why not concentrate now on the original question, unless you know of 2nd hand cars being dearer than the new models.

This topic is not about our particular disagreement, or whatever. Someone mentioned that 2nd hand cars were being sold for more than new versions, I disagreed and asked for proof. I did not get any and don't expect to.
Is the Times writing about it and reporting the 1% average increase not enough?

This topic is not about our particular disagreement, or whatever. Someone mentioned that 2nd hand cars were being sold for more than new versions, I disagreed and asked for proof. I did not get any and don't expect to. Why not concentrate now on the original question, unless you know of 2nd hand cars being dearer than the new models.
My niece was looking to change her car last year. She was looking for a 2 year old mini until she found if she was prepared to wait, the price for a new mini was lower than a 2 year old one. She wasn't in a hurry to change, so waited and bought the new one.

Back