Covid rates in different countries

Sorry everyone but I'll keep refuting this.

Apparently Boris is addressing the UK/ England at 8pm tonight and of their 5 tiers , 5 being full lockdown , they are moving to tier 4 on the advice of Sage etc.

When one sits with a pint and have no distractions other than your own thoughts, its clear that no matter what is done by way of vaccines or good health advice, the issue is us.

We spread this virus, nobody else, and if we want rid of it , we need to start doing the right thing.
Well I think the UK were embarking on a herd immunity* v2 strategy through a combination of vaccines and immunity from their high infection rate. It came with higher deaths but the hospitals were justabout coping. Omicron has put a spanner in that as it evades protections. It is reported to be milder so I wonder how the case to hospitaliation rate will work out.

* leaky herd immunity

Well I think the UK were embarking on a herd immunity* v2 strategy through a combination of vaccines and immunity from their high infection rate. It came with higher deaths but the hospitals were justabout coping. Omicron has put a spanner in that as it evades protections. It is reported to be milder so I wonder how the case to hospitaliation rate will work out.

* leaky herd
Well as always there was a Minister on Marr and he " didn't know " on hospitalization as the data was incomplete " yet a Dr ,earlier said " it was inevitable, and as they were already stuffed to capacity, with Delta conditions "

Now, if the facts are telling a different story to the political narrative, this isn't going to work out well.

Last edited:
It's because Ireland was sheltered from covid through all the lockdown s , much more than UK and Europe, therefore when we do open up ala Christmas last year and over last few months, there are many more people that are only being exposed to covid now , as we now know vaccination does not provide 100% protection.
I think the wisdom of the long lockdown s we had over the last year is questionable now, especially not opening up more in summer 2020, what did we gain from that?

Back