Covid - International travel over xmas

We would all like to go on hols and want to go on hols but there are priorities in life and for me staying safe and healthy are two of mine.
Then travel to where it's safer to be. My experience over the past six months has shown it's safer in a Ryanair queue than in most Irish pubs. And in Spanish restaurants you must show your Covid passport before being seated and not like here being told to "sit where you like" and don't mind the Covid passport.

The police in Spain will immediately shut down restaurants/pubs where they are not Covid compliant (and I've seen this) and not like here where the restauranteurs/publicans can do as they wish.

I understand your logic but I would be too nervous of been on holidays and then a major surge of Covid either abroad or at home . It's not for me at the moment but that is only a personal choice .

That's not my experience. I've always been asked for my Cert since the rules came in.
Come to Cork, Purple, Come to Cork . . . . . . easing gently into a rest zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

. . . . and I wish more people would ask for the Covid Cert, but they got to learn to use their car indicators first though (another lacking in Cork).

Come to Cork, Purple, Come to Cork . . . . . . easing gently into a rest zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

. . . . and I wish more people would ask for the Covid Cert, but they got to learn to use their car indicators first though (another lacking in Cork).
I thought modesty and humility were the only things lacking in Cork.

More restrictions and regulations coming in to play it would seem.
Might be the easiest thing to just jack in the thoughts of getting a break with the amount of tests and rules and uncertainty abound - as mentioned by a few people in here.

And maybe by the time they actually update the cert to its correct status, things will have cooled down a little in Europe.
Fingers X

My experience of Covid cert is that in food premises nearly always asked but for first time in ages was out Saturday in so called wet pubs wasnt asked once and their was no restrictions enforced.

Well, at least they are now acknowledging the fact...

Travel within the European Union next year will “very likely” require proof of having received a Covid booster vaccine, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said.

Outlining the benefits of the third dose at a briefing on renewed Covid restrictions on Friday, Mr Varadkar said travel rules look set to change in line with public health measures.

“At a European level, the digital Covid certificates are going to be reissued in the new year,” he said. “And it’s very likely that in order to travel in the spring and summer you’ll need to have the new digital Covid cert which is the evidence that you’ve been boosted.”

Then travel to where it's safer to be. My experience over the past six months has shown it's safer in a Ryanair queue than in most Irish pubs. And in Spanish restaurants you must show your Covid passport before being seated and not like here being told to "sit where you like" and don't mind the Covid passport.

The police in Spain will immediately shut down restaurants/pubs where they are not Covid compliant (and I've seen this) and not like here where the restauranteurs/publicans can do as they wish.
I'm glad to report that since I wrote the foregoing we visited two restaurants in Cork (Blackrock Castle and Rochestown Park Hotel - neither of them a city centre location). In both we were asked to provide our Covid passport. Staff were friendly and efficient in both places and the food was excellent. Parking was free. All the restrictions were enforced in a friendly manner. I'm just using this post to give credit where credit is due.

Finally....

New Digital Covid Certificates are to be issued to people from this week to reflect booster vaccines, the Minister for Health has said.

The updated certs will be automatically issued to people who have received an additional or booster vaccination in recent months.

Still no sign of any booster cert, and you can't get help on the helpline . The portal is sending me the first 2 jabs,and the use are texting with appointment for the booster at least twice a week.

Back