Covid - International travel over xmas

Ah, you have to hand it to the French.

So I emailed the embassy and they replied stating that they do not respond in any other language than French - haha, bless - I suppose thats not unreasonable and perhaps I should have made the effort initially.
Anyways, I took the exact same email and threw it into Google translate and resent it.
They replied once more, in French - here is the translation

"If you are unable to prove that you received the booster dose, it will be mandatory to perform tests in order to gain access to public areas"

So thats that - because of whatever reason our clowns are not updating the certificate, anyone fully vacced here including the booster is "unvacced" in France and I believe Austria is kicking in soon also.
Looks like its either stay at home or PCR every single day.

I would assume, nothing will happen here until the great unwashed begin the holiday period and start calling Joe Duffy - then the pressure will be on the government to actually sort this out.
Especially as more countries come online to only regard boosted as full.

I'd be expelled from AAM if I wrote my true thoughts on here - lol

Maybe don't panic just yet. You have a month. I don't think there is major IT work involved and the pressure will grow on the Government once it is clear that the booster needs to be recorded. I think the Government assumed that because they didn't intend to make the booster part of their 'passport', then it wasn't required. They seemed to have forgotten that it is an EU Certificate and has an impact outside these borders. Why they couldn't just set it from the start is beyond me...

Have you tried the live chat on the certificate portal, see if they have a plan to allow one to request or issue a refreshed cert based on the booster ?

But the dose will be noted, batch number etc and is printed.
Perhaps call the French Embassy maybe they will provide a solution. It'll cost nothing to ask.
Just looked at mine there... Hand written with batch, date given and name... Wouldn't get a coke cola in a pub for an 18th year old..

no idea how to quote
"Have you tried the live chat on the certificate portal, see if they have a plan to allow one to request or issue a refreshed cert based on the booster ?"

I actually did that and they told me they didn't know if/when it would happen and to just watch gov.ie

Anyways, all this could be a pointless conversation - the news and this new variant looks pretty bleak - we might well be going nowhere for a while.

That's the whole point. There is nothing sure about this mess.
It's utter madness on the snow forums with people trying to work out entry and reside criteria whilst the rules are changing, daily.

As far as I know not having had a booster doesn't count as unvaccinated anywhere in the EU yet. EU governments are working on a common approach that would require boosters no later than around 8 or 9 months after the previous vaccination in order to retain vaccination status (which will then also be reflected on the vaccination cert) but that hasn't been finalized yet due to objections by booster-laggards such as Ireland.

As far as I know not having had a booster doesn't count as unvaccinated anywhere in the EU yet. EU governments are working on a common approach that would require boosters no later than around 8 or 9 months after the previous vaccination in order to retain vaccination status (which will then also be reflected on the vaccination cert) but that hasn't been finalized yet due to objections by booster-laggards such as Ireland.
Here you go

So thats that - because of whatever reason our clowns are not updating the certificate, anyone fully vacced here including the booster is "unvacced" in France and I believe Austria is kicking in soon also.
Looks like its either stay at home or PCR every single day.
It really is outrageous! Why aren't they putting all their focus on facilitating people heading off on hols!

Seriously Leo - thats really uncalled for and unnecessary - its not as if the IT dept are administrating the jabs.
All thats being asked is that our cert reflects our status.
Theres absolutely no reason to be so condescending.
There are many people who wish to travel to stay with relatives over the Xmas period - whatever about me and my first world problems.

- its not as if the IT dept are administrating the jabs.
No, they're scrambling trying to resolve issues with the vaccine scheduling system. Facilitating foreign holidays based on newly introduced criteria rightly comes some way down the priority list from that.

https://twitter.com/MaryERegan/status/1470780149230678024?s=20

"Taoiseach has told the Dail that Covid certs will have to be updated to include boosters . But said it would be unfair at this stage of the booster campaign to differentiate between those who have a third dose and those who don't"

"He was responding to the Fine Gael TD Richard Bruton who said that “from tomorrow, France will require people over a certain age to have three doses before they participate in certain activity.”"

Actually also on rte news website - https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/1214/1266581-ireland-covid/

It really is outrageous! Why aren't they putting all their focus on facilitating people heading off on hols!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I am amazed at people complaining that they get stuck in Spain or France or whatever as the rules changed while they were on holidays.

It seems simple enough to me. Don't go on holidays until Covid is over.

I had planned two trips - one in December to London and one in January to NY . I cancelled the December one - just lost the airfare.

I presume I will cancel NY in January. I have the hotel booked but didn't book the airline as I don't want the hassle of arguing over flight refunds.

Brendan

https://twitter.com/MaryERegan/status/1470780149230678024?s=20

"Taoiseach has told the Dail that Covid certs will have to be updated to include boosters . But said it would be unfair at this stage of the booster campaign to differentiate between those who have a third dose and those who don't"

"He was responding to the Fine Gael TD Richard Bruton who said that “from tomorrow, France will require people over a certain age to have three doses before they participate in certain activity.”"

Actually also on rte news website - https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/1214/1266581-ireland-covid/
We differentiate from person's with no vaccine, 1 jab and 2 jabs... What a stupid statement from an inept politician.
One item that this government had complete control over (booster jabs rollout) in relation to this virus, they have failed to deliver

We differentiate from person's with no vaccine, 1 jab and 2 jabs... What a stupid statement from an inept politician.
One item that this government had complete control over (booster jabs rollout) in relation to this virus, they have failed to deliver
How have they failed to deliver? We have a huge majority of the Adult population vaccinated with 2 doses, upto last week we had over 1m boosters administered and expect that to rise rapidly.

The Government isn't responsible for Omicron and the extra pressure this is placing on systems that are always creaking.

Having QR codes with all 3 vaccines recorded isn't really a huge priority in the scheme of things when it's going to take days for IT in the HSE to respond to the lowering booster requirements from 5 to 3 months.

Everyone is firefighting at the moment and while they are mixed messaging or speaking out foolishly at times ,I really can't fault what's been done.

We would all like to go on hols and want to go on hols but there are priorities in life and for me staying safe and healthy are two of mine.

Back