Health Insurance Cover for 1 adult and 2 kids

psawyer76

Hi all
First time poster here who would love some help. I'm currently on layas assure vitality plan as are my two kids 3 and 7. It's up for renewal in February and costs 67e pm. It's a pretty basic plan I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether I should upgrade to a higher level plan or take the kids off altogether and put myself on a plan with more cover?
Thanks in advance

Hi psawyer76,

Welcome to AAM.
One option might be with Glohealth, for yourself, a new basic plan called Kick Off, price 540pa.
This plan has a unique feature, where you can upgrade to a plan including private hospital cover if surgery is required anytime in the future, outside renewal date, with no upgrade waiting time applied. So you can stay on a basic public hospital plan, and only upgrade if necessary for private hospital treatment.
[broken link removed]

Children's Options; Glohealth has half price offer for children under 12 on the following 2 plans;
1. Nurture Plan; price 100 per child, including discount, public,private and some hi-tech hospital cover.
2. Nurture Plus Plan; price 140 per child, including discount, public, private and some hi-tech hospital cover.
[broken link removed]

VHI also have half price offers for children until end of Feb, including all 3 levels of hospital cover, public, private and hi-tech;
One + Plan; 131 per child
[broken link removed]

VHI allow children only insured on a policy, your name would go on the policy but just the children are insured.

Regards, Snowyb

Back