County Council Site Purchase Application

Going forward

I recently went into planning at my local county council. Asked what questions needed to be asked about a particular site I may interesting in putting down a deposit on pending planning permission. All seemed to be going o.k until tbe planning advisor asked his one and only question!!.

His question was did I owe a house or have ever owned a house??. I told him I was a discharged bankrupt (which he already knew I suspect as the council turned me down for a mortgage as I was a discharged bankrupt) which to me is very unfair.

Part of my bankruptcy was voluntary surrender of my home. So technically I don't own a house or any property of any kind now. In rented accommodation but just want and need to move forward with my life and future.

The planning advisor in Country Council said as I previously owned a house and am a discharged bankrupt that i might be refused going forward with this application.

Can they do this??. I'm the first discharged bankrupt to do this with local council.

Advisor kept saying to me that the banks took my house but that was not the case. Voluntary surrender in my bankruptcy. Big difference. Needless to say I no longer have a home/ house.

Any helpful advice appreciated. Very hard to move on with your life after bankruptcy if people won't let you and people don't understand the bankruptcy process.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Back