Council did not draw down stage payments for the builder on the agreed dates

banba

Hi

I would really appreciate some good advice on this one. We purchased a private site from the council and built on it using the shared ownership scheme. There were a number of sites together and we formed a Ltd. company and went to tender.

Set out in the contract were the agreed draw down stages where the builder was to be paid x amount on a particular date. Problem here is that the council did not draw down the stage payments from my mortgage (our mortgages) on the agreed dates. As a result we have all now incurred 4300 Euro in interest due to late payments.

The council were to draw down the stage payments and they did not and so we are now faced with a big interest bill from the builder.

Can anyone advise me on my entitlements to pursue the council with regards to this matter?

I think you need to talk to your own solicitor about who has what responsibility for what. I would have thought that the scenario you outlined ( buying site and building on a shared ownership basis) had all the ingredients for this happening .

Without knowing whats in the Building Agreement / Agreement with Council, any one here will be hard pressed to advise if you have any case against the Council.

mf

Back