Costs to convert from oil fired to gas fired heating etc.

D

Doogo

Anyone got any ball parks on how expensive it is to convert from oil to gas ....
house i'm moving to has all the gas work done up to the front door (i.e. meter box is right outside front door)

it's a three bed house, terraced - any help on potential cost/ who might do the work etc. would be much appreciated

Re: Costs to convert from oil fired to gas fired heating etc

You may find something useful here

Re: Costs to convert from oil fired to gas fired heating etc

I have been quoted 4.5K for similar - ring Bord Gais for recommended fitters and BG has to connect you which carries an additional fee of 250.

Re: Costs to convert from oil fired to gas fired heating et

I've just had this done in the last month cost of replacing Oil boiler with Gas €2700.( Bord Gais fitter is more expensive) there was a Gas meter in place.
Old boiler and tank still in place will have to pay to remove.
Tenants have now a problem and that is the Gas costs € 255 per week for 4 hours per day.
They have the clock set for 4 hours but they leave the house at 9.00AM and return at 7.30 .
The boiler is on manual whenever I call to help them with the expensive problem
There is no gas fire fitted only the boiler the Oil used to cost €400 per year.(Nov/May)

Roger

Costs to convert...

Hi rogermure!
How much was it to purchase that gas fired boiler, excl.the work ,just the purchase price?It is -in my honest opinion-impossible to flare €255.- in a week....I hope it was a condensing boiler(smiley).

Back