Cost of oak veneered skirting boards?

C

Chrisb

Just wondering whether any one can tell me if I'm being ripped off or getting a good deal.
Bought a 4 bed semi-detached (1300sq.ft.) and am upgrading doors to white oak and obviously want to do the same for the skirting boards. I'm quite willing to pay whatever it might cost, but I just haven't a clue how much something like this could possibly cost.
The carpenter has now informed me about a quote from his supplier of €1200 to upgrade the whole house.
Can anyone tell me whether this sounds reasonable?

The carpenter has now informed me about a quote from his supplier of €1200 to upgrade the whole house.
For how many feet of skirting is that and what height is the skirting? And is that the material cost only? What about the architrave?

Re: Cost of oak veneered skirting boards

Architrave costs are included in the doors. There is no extra labour costs as the house price includes labour. Skirting is 6" in height. Don't have the exact amount but a quick calculation gave me a figure of 115 meters (126 yards).

Re: Cost of oak veneered skirting boards

Don't have the exact amount but a quick calculation gave me a figure of 115 meters (126 yards).
If that's the correct lenght, and for the material only, then yes, €1200 seems a bit much.

hi

that's about €3.75 a foot. I think I got quoted less that once but can't remember the exact figures.

Again, I'm talking about material supply only.

Back