Corporate Bonds - Good time to invest?

Thinfield

I've been reading some articles suggesting it may be a good time to invest in fixed interest corporate bonds? It is being suggested that these bonds are being offered at relatively cheap prices due to the impact of the credit crunch. Some funds are offering yields of 7% to 8%.

Just wondering what peoples views are on the level of risk attached to these bonds currently?

I've been reading some articles suggesting it may be a good time to invest in fixed interest corporate bonds? It is being suggested that these bonds are being offered at relatively cheap prices due to the impact of the credit crunch. Some funds are offering yields of 7% to 8%.

Just wondering what peoples views are on the level of risk attached to these bonds currently?

Personally I don't think this the time for buying corporate bonds unless they are of very high quality and you have done your research. We are entering a period of rising default rates and the credit crunch in the financial sector is beginning to impact on the real economy judging by early results from corporates. I am sure there are good deals out there but good luck finding them.

Back