Coronavirus social welfare payment extended

Just heard a radio ad that you have to reapply for the payment before July 13 in order to continue receiving it.

I haven't taken myself off the payment since there is nothing for me to do, yet. I would expect work to pick up in August.

I will apply for an extension.

I am aware of all the warnings about it being taxable - I've only been spending what I need to pay the basics.

Strange times.

D.

I can see that the guidelines for the self-employed have changed also. The criteria is now that your trading income has been significantly reduced. However, when completing the online renewal certification, you must declare that you have no income from self-employment.

I can see that the guidelines for the self-employed have changed also. The criteria is now that your trading income has been significantly reduced. However, when completing the online renewal certification, you must declare that you have no income from self-employment.

The wording in the DEASP notification through mywelfare.ie received today is as follows:

The COVID-19 PUP is an emergency payment of €350.00 introduced by the Government and is intended to support those workers whose employers cannot retain them or who are self-employed but whose trading income has ceased due to COVID-19.

Got a notification via my welfare.ie that my payment is being reduced to the lower rate. The DEASP has assessed my income after capital allowances have been deducted.

There is an appeals process by post which needs to be made within 21 days.

I have received no notification about reductions or otherwise. But, I haven't yet reapplied.

My payment has been made to my account each Tuesday. So, I would expect it this coming Tuesday, July 6th.

Is it ok to leave reapplying until after this date? Or are payments now frozen until recipients like me reapply?

Many thanks.

D.

I received the reduced payment (€202) this morning.

I've just gone online and completed eligibility form for continued payment. (Whether that's the full payment I had been receiving, the reduced payment or anything at all remains to be seen.)

I had to login to MyGov to do this. That was fine.

Immediately after completing the application, I received an email confirming it and saying I had received a notification from MyWelfare. To login to this and see the notification, I have to confirm my MyGov ID. To do this, I have to have a PSC card and to get one of these, I have to make an appointment to see someone. You couldn't make this up.

(Coincidentally, this is the second time in the last hour I've come up against this problem. I need to renew my driver's licence. To do so online via NDSL you have to login via MyGov. But, you need to confirm your MyGov ID with (guess what) a PSC card. This looks like national ID card introduction by stealth, something a lot of people have a problem with. I have no issue with national ID cards, since I have nothing to hide. But, in the current mess, the need for MyGov ID verification should be waived.)

So, since I can't login to My Welfare, how can I access their feedback? I guess I'll have to phone them.

D.

Any other self employed people confused about what to do? Both my husband and I are self employed, essentially sole-traders running a partnership business together. As work is starting to slowing trickle back in we are still at about 75% down on this period last year, so we still really need the payment to tide us over until things ramp up business-wise. The last page of the confirmation form asks that you certify 'no income'. This is not entirely true of us, but nonetheless our income is massively impacted. We can demonstrate this fact, but there is no way to send evidence along with the form. Anyone have any clue how we should approach this?

According to my accountant, 2018 as the benchmark year is enshrined in law.

So, if like me you took a year off to do a course, or your turnover was terrible for any other reason, the tough luck, it seems.

He suggested I write to them and explain my situation.

I think I’m right in saying that the likes of students in part-time jobS, who found themselves in gravy on €350, may still be entitled to €203.

This scheme was necessary. But, its implementation is now looking a bit suspect.

D.

I received the reduced payment (€202) this morning.

I've just gone online and completed eligibility form for continued payment. (Whether that's the full payment I had been receiving, the reduced payment or anything at all remains to be seen.)

I had to login to MyGov to do this. That was fine.

Immediately after completing the application, I received an email confirming it and saying I had received a notification from MyWelfare. To login to this and see the notification, I have to confirm my MyGov ID. To do this, I have to have a PSC card and to get one of these, I have to make an appointment to see someone. You couldn't make this up.

(Coincidentally, this is the second time in the last hour I've come up against this problem. I need to renew my driver's licence. To do so online via NDSL you have to login via MyGov. But, you need to confirm your MyGov ID with (guess what) a PSC card. This looks like national ID card introduction by stealth, something a lot of people have a problem with. I have no issue with national ID cards, since I have nothing to hide. But, in the current mess, the need for MyGov ID verification should be waived.)

So, since I can't login to My Welfare, how can I access their feedback? I guess I'll have to phone them.

D.
I had the same issue - I've no PSC, and had to create a mygovid to fill out the form. I did it yesterday. When I did it on my phone, it requested a PSC card. However, I switched over to my desktop computer, followed the same process/links, and I WAS able to successfully complete the form and create an mygov account WITHOUT a PSC.

I had the same issue - I've no PSC, and had to create a mygovid to fill out the form. I did it yesterday. When I did it on my phone, it requested a PSC card. However, I switched over to my desktop computer, followed the same process/links, and I WAS able to successfully complete the form and create an mygov account WITHOUT a PSC.

But, like me, I presume you got no further than completing the eligibility form and receiving a confirmation email?

And If you click on the MyWelfare link in the email, you can’t login without a PSC card, right?

Thanks.

D.

Well, when I follw the mywelfare link and login it allows me to. But if I then try to access any information it asks me to enter my PPS number for verification, and click 'next step'. When I do click it and I enter my PPS, it returns an error, "Apologies, an error has occured. Please try again later".

But, like me, I presume you got no further than completing the eligibility form and receiving a confirmation email?

And If you click on the MyWelfare link in the email, you can’t login without a PSC card, right?

Thanks.

D.
I've now tried it on both desktop and iphone and I'm getting the same error

So, the PSC card validation is required, right? And to get one of these, you have to make an appointment to meet someone - very 1991.

You've really got to wonder about this obstacle being put in place.

Am going to phone Welfare.

D.

So, without a PSC card, you really can't make much progress.

But, as you can see from the screenshot, you can't make an appointment to get one.

You can apply for that most important of documents, a passport, online. But, in these strange times, it is not possible to apply for a PSC card online

Like I say, you couldn't make this up.

D.

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    258.4 KB · Views: 203
Apparently, for the purposes of dealing with Welfare.ie in regards to Covid19 payments, or payment reviews, a PSC card is not required.

Applications for payment review - for example, if you had been receiving €350 and are now receiving €203 based on 2018 earnings - should be directed to [email protected]

Progress.

D.

Apparently, for the purposes of dealing with Welfare.ie in regards to Covid19 payments, or payment reviews, a PSC card is not required.

Applications for payment review - for example, if you had been receiving €350 and are now receiving €203 based on 2018 earnings - should be directed to [email protected]

Progress.

D.
We sent an email to that address on 7 July, the day the rate was reduced. Sent several emails since and no response at all yet. Even got local TD to send an Oireachtas enquiry. They just said they're very busy reviewing. My husband is self-employed and his net income for 2018 is just below the threshold but his gross income is above it. His 2019 is much higher but we haven't filed return for that yet. Not sure what they need to determine his case. We called the usual Cvod payment line and they said it would be his gross income for 2018 that would be considered and they'll backdate his payment once they're happy with the case. But no idea if that is even accurate. He works in the events industry so it will be a long time before he's back at work and we're now down 600 per month with the reduced payment and several thousand on what he would normally be earning.

For what it's worth, I've heard nothing either other than an online acknowledgement of receiving my eligibility application.

But, no word on my re-rating application.

I'd say they're snowed under.

D.

For what it's worth, I've heard nothing either other than an online acknowledgement of receiving my eligibility application.

But, no word on my re-rating application.

I'd say they're snowed under.

D.
Heard back today. They said his net earnings for 2018 were just under the threshold so he remains on lower rate. We wrote back asking them to take 2018 gross earnings or, alternatively, the higher 2019 income into account (and filed the income tax return this evening to support it). We'll see! Good luck to you.

Back