Cornmarket/Midas

elainem

My friend wants to make a complaint against Cornmarket/Midas - she sent in her complaint to them email and registered letter but has not gotten a reply in a month though they said in their complaints' procedure that they would reply in five days. Where can my friend go next - is Midas as part of Cornmarket Retail Trading under the Financial Services Ombudsman though it is a tax-based service. There doesn't seem to be any professional body to complain to as my friend says that a lot of the advisors there are not tax accountants/accountants - does she have any comeback? If they are covered by the Financial Services Regulations they are supposed acknowledge receipt of letters and reply within a certain time - but do they come under these regulations?

Stated clearly on their website that it's a tax based service, and not a regulated financial product.

If you are not happy with their response, the the courts are your next formal avenue, perhaps small claims court depending on the nature of the complaint.