Cork City F.C - gone

Huge crowd at Turner's Cross last night for Cork's first home game which was great to see.

2-0 to Waterford , c'mon the blues !

Heard there was over 4000 at it. This is fantastic news for the city and for the league.

It does go to show that there is a hardcore of support for some LoI clubs.

Derry had 3500 at their game v Cork. There was a lot of people at the game who hadn't been to the Brandywell in years, so it will be interesting to see what sort of crowd comes back to their next home game v Athlone.

Huge crowd at Turner's Cross last night for Cork's first home game which was great to see.

2-0 to Waterford , c'mon the blues !

There was a great crowd at the game. 4,401 was the official attendance.
Great night for the FORAS BoM as everything went smoothly.
Waterford were much stronger than us and deserved the win. Most of our players were young and inexperienced and were easily muscled off the ball by a stronger Waterford team. If we keep getting crowds like that we should be able to extend the budget and bring a few more players in when the transfer window opens in June/July.
It was good to see Liam Kearney back in The Box as he was always one of my favorite City players.

I thought the banner produced by the Waterford supporters was silly TBH and the booing of LK by the City support childish.

We LOI supporters/followers are a very small minority in a country that idolises Premiership football so why we give each other a hard time ill never know.

I must disagree,banter was always part of the package when it comes to Munster derbies and bragging rights have always been important.

Most amused to see the Waterford banner last night - "you can't buy history"

Didn't you buy your history (or have it awarded) in 81/82? You were Waterford FC until 81 and then after going bust you become Waterford Utd yet you state you were founded in 1930?
Also, wasn't there a period of not playing for a few seasons in the war years?

All of the Co-op members/owners founded FORAS as it became apparent that the previous football club would not get a licence under the previous owner. We tried to buy the club but he put too many obstacles in our way so we had no choice but to apply for a licence or have no club in Cork.
We want to buy the CCFC name and no LOI supporter could really blame us, could they?

Back