Converting Apple Mac format to MS Word?

L

Logo

Hi,

Recently my apple Mac has died on me and I intend to update to a new laptop. However, I can't access the documents on the PC now, although I have made a backup copy on disc. Does anyone know how I can convert a word document (from a floppy disc) that's been created on an Apple Mac to Microsoft Word format?

Thanks in advance,
Logo

What sort of Mac documents are they (i.e. what application was used to generate them)?

Hi Clubman,

The documents are mostly word documents created using an ancient apple mac (i.e. about 10yrs old) - though can't recall the exact word application used to generate them (know when the word application was opened a large spinning globe was displayed on the screen).
The only solution I can think of is to find someone with a apple pc and e-mailing the documents to my account, and try to convert the files to Microsoft format renaming (i.e. adding .doc to end of name). Not sure if this would work. Maybe there's a simpler way to do it??

Logo

.....could be a number of versions...but does Mac Write ring a bell. If it is thn you shoud be aple to open from within MS Word ie. launch MS Word, go o file open & then select document..

...another DTP app that I can recall that was available in that era was Word Perfect - don't know if the same versatility was there with that App though.

ninsaga

Have you tried opening the WordPerfect/Mac documents in Microsoft Word for Windows? It may work straight off. If the problem is how to read the Mac backup disks then might help. If opening the files in this way does not work (e.g. because WordPerfect/Mac stores information in the Mac file's data and resource forks) then you may need a WordPerfect/Mac to Word/Windows conversion utility or macro. I'm sure that you'll find something suitable using Google.

Back