Contributory state pension.

deco87

520 over 10 years I understand is required for contributory state pension - Full.

From 1994 to 2007 ...549 stamps recorded under " reckonable contributions for pension" on social welfare record.

From 2008 to start of this year ..nearly 10 years ..52 credits per year for disability allowance .
Returned to work 3 months ago. Back paying reckonable contributions.
Age 49. Intend to work till 67 ( or 68) whatever the pension retirement age is.

My query is... re...contributory state pension....what is required in order to ensure that this pension will be available at age 67?

Are credited contributions worth anything ?
Thks
Deco

As you will be pension age in about twenty years time it is impossible to predict what the system will be. There will certainly be many changes between now and then and I suspect we will be funding our pensions by then.

Your situation looks good based on the current requirements but remember changes are on the way.

At present Credits have the same value for pension as payments, but again that may change

Oh that's very interesting thks. It quite clearly shows that the 52 ....credits ...for disability through the years .. are clearly not ....in the "reckonable" for pension contributions ...Colum in the social welfare record letter.

Might be worth following up on. Cheers

The current “totals and averages”basis is due to end in 2020 and be replaced with a Total Contribution Approach. If the proposal goes ahead, one will need 40years go history (payments and credits) to get the full State Pension.
We have to await the detail which I understand will be published before the year end.

Did those credits directly follow paid contributions or were there any gaps? Hence the advice is always Never let a week go by without either a paid contribution or a credit.

Was there a gap between 2007 & 2008?

If not perhaps you should be checking with the Records Section as to why your credits are not reckonable

Last edited:
Back