Contracts - How long ?

T

thewatcher

If you've gone sale agreed on a property,how long usually would you expect for your solicitor to receive contracts ? thanks

2Pack said:
You are the buyer I take it so who knows ???

I'm actually the seller,i just think my solicitors are dragging their feet and i'm wondering how long usually would a buyer expect to receive contracts after going sale agreed ?

if your solicitor has your deeds in his posession then he is in a position to send them out within a few days, normally they would go within a 10 day period, the buy then signs and they are returned to your solicitor

unfortunately solicitors are all the same, they speak the solicitor lingo when answering your query, you havent a clue what theyre on about then

thewatcher said:
I'm actually the seller,i just think my solicitors are dragging their feet and i'm wondering how long usually would a buyer expect to receive contracts after going sale agreed ?

How long ago did you provide your letter authorising your solicitor to take possession of the deeds for the purposes of sale? Usually getting the deeds should take no more than a week, but there can be delays at the bank's end.

Like others say, once (s)he has the deeds, it shouldn't take more than 10 days. Our solicitor had the contract ready to go in less than a week.

Witchfinder said:
How long ago did you provide your letter authorising your solicitor to take possession of the deeds for the purposes of sale? .

Going into the 7th week on tuesday.

Witchfinder said:
Usually getting the deeds should take no more than a week, but there can be delays at the bank's end.

Like others say, once (s)he has the deeds, it shouldn't take more than 10 days. Our solicitor had the contract ready to go in less than a week.

Grand so,just wanted to make sure before i read the riot act to them.

Back