contracting - best option

O

osion

Hey there,
I am contracting at the moment and I was advised to use CXC (http://cxc.ie/) for all my accountancy by the recruiters. However, im paying them 300 Eur a month and to be honest they arent great and really arent doing anything to get me any extra benefits.

So im looking for an alternative and was wondering if there were any other similar companies for contractors? Of does anyone know roughly how much an accountant would be to sort out my tax on a monthly / yearly basis?

Thanks!!
O

brilliant!thanks envelope!do you know if they normally give you advice on tax relief and stuff like that or just do the calculation and tax stuff?
Thanks!

I've been contracting for years and I've set up a limited company to manage my affairs. I started out by paying an accountant a couple of thousand a year. They did a good job, but I insisted on getting a copy of every single piece of correspondence/accounts with the Revenue.

After three years I just copied what they were doing and filed my own accounts. It was real easy - a ten year old could do it! I've got very good at it and reduced my overheads nicely.

Thanks Labguy! I was thinking of finding out whats involved eventually alright! i must start hanging out with accountants :)

other companies that provide accountancy services specifically to contractors in Ireland would be Prima (www.prima.ie), OSK and DCA

It's difficult to say how much an accountant will charge without knowing specifically what services you need (PAYE/VAT/invoicing/bookkeeping/Accounts/CT returns/Income Tax/CRO returns) but a fee of approx. €2k-€2.5k should be feasible for all of these, expect to pay less if you're doing some of the work yourself, and more if your tax affairs are complicated.

to be honest they arent great and really arent doing anything to get me any extra benefits.

Hi Osion. Jeanne Murphy from CXC here. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service and we would like to rectify this matter as soon possible. I'll send you a private message with regard to this matter.

Jeanne

Back