Contract of sale

wicklowlad

My mother has offered for sale to myself on a few occasions a property that she owns, each time we have agreed a price however the sale never goes through due to one sibling expressing her dissatisfaction with the idea. Each time it has never progressed but after about a year my mother raises it again with me.
My question is when she raises it again could I get her to sign some informal letter stating her wishes to sell, price agreed, with whom agreed and have both parties sign it. Would it be legally binding, does it have to be witnessed and by whom. Could I then force through the sale

TIA

My mother has offered for sale to myself on a few occasions a property that she owns, each time we have agreed a price however the sale never goes through due to one sibling expressing her dissatisfaction with the idea. Each time it has never progressed but after about a year my mother raises it again with me.
My question is when she raises it again could I get her to sign some informal letter stating her wishes to sell, price agreed, with whom agreed and have both parties sign it. Would it be legally binding, does it have to be witnessed and by whom. Could I then force through the sale

TIA
Honestly? You can't get this over the line now. But if you get your mother to sign an "informal " ( but you want it to be binding ) letter ( would that be with or without independent legal advice? ) that might help? When you say "force" through the sale? Would that be against your mother? or against the sibling?

If your mother wants to do this , and there are no impediments, she can do it. If she can't or won't, you have to ask yourself, if it has any legs at all and who is exactly pushing for it?

Right now, from your post you are not looking at a voluntary transfer but one that could potentially be set aside on the grounds of duress and undue influence.

mf

Back