Contract money sent abroad - Tax question.

D

deeps

Hi,

One of the companies in Ireland wanted some work done to their website and looking for contractors. I'm a PAYE employee in another company talked to them and get the work done by my friend who is in a Non-EU country (Non-EU citizen). All the dealings were done through me but no contracts (or agreements) were written between me and the company. The company didn't even take my PPS number or any other tax details. Actually company doesn't know that the guy in Non-EU country has done the work. Company made a payment to my bank account in the Non-EU country directly and I have transferred that money to my friend. This happened in Nov 2010. My questions are

- Where the tax needs to be paid - in Non-EU countru or Ireland?
- Who is liable to tax in Ireland? Money was paid to my Non-EU account but my PPS number or tax details weren't recorded by the company.
- If I'm liable then how I should pay the tax and by when (money was transferred in nov 2010)?
I have no intention to evade the tax. I have done this help my needy friend and if I need to pay the tax in Ireland I need to request my friend to send the money back for tax.

can you please answer these questions and help me?

Thanks

Back