Contact from a creditor's solicitor post-bankruptcy

Stuboy

Opinions please.
My wife arrived home to find a solicitors letter from a creditor (included in our bankruptcy in January) demanding payment in the next 4 days. She rang them and informed them that we were bankrupt and that they should not be contacting us. The person on the end of the phone cheekily said that they didn't care, they wanted money for their client's loan (a national bank BTW).
She called the OA's office and we're forwarding the letter to them, so they can deal with them.
Are there potential sanctions for this type of harassment?
Thoughts welcome.

Opinions please.
My wife arrived home to find a solicitors letter from a creditor (included in our bankruptcy in January) demanding payment in the next 4 days. She rang them and informed them that we were bankrupt and that they should not be contacting us. The person on the end of the phone cheekily said that they didn't care, they wanted money for their client's loan (a national bank BTW).
She called the OA's office and we're forwarding the letter to them, so they can deal with them.
Are there potential sanctions for this type of harassment?
Thoughts welcome.

I doubt it would get to the stage of any sanctions being imposed. I'd imagine that if they didn't get the message when your wife explained about not contacting, they will certainly get it when the OA tells them.

I was having similar problems with two utility companies, they were insisting post-adjudication that I must pay them in full the arrears we had built up pre-bankruptcy over the winter. It took weeks of trying to get the right person who understood I couldn't give preference to their debts, eventually got sorted with one and still waiting for the other to come back to me. The OA has said they will deal with it if I've no success but I'll leave that as a last resort.
Bankruptcy and all it's implications are still relatively new to alot of people, even collection departments. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

I doubt it would get to the stage of any sanctions being imposed. I'd imagine that if they didn't get the message when your wife explained about not contacting, they will certainly get it when the OA tells them.

I was having similar problems with two utility companies, they were insisting post-adjudication that I must pay them in full the arrears we had built up pre-bankruptcy over the winter. It took weeks of trying to get the right person who understood I couldn't give preference to their debts, eventually got sorted with one and still waiting for the other to come back to me. The OA has said they will deal with it if I've no success but I'll leave that as a last resort.
Bankruptcy and all it's implications are still relatively new to alot of people, even collection departments. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

I would write to the solicitors involved and ask for an apology within seven day. If you do not receive one make a complaint to the law society. Obviously the solicitor need to train their staff

The person who took the call and sent the letter is probably a debt collector and he's chancing his arm. Don't respond to them.

Back