Consent to let

chrisboy

"
Attached is a sublet form for the property above. We have filled out the form on your behalf. Please can you sign and date the form and send it back so we can get this applied for.

Consent to let is an agreement between you and your residential block managers, that grants you permission to rent out your home with the permission of the block managers. As you are letting out your apartment it is important that we inform the block managers. Failure to do so can lead to further charge from them.

Please kindly note a fee of £150 is payable to your building managers so that they can serve the correct documentation.
was wondering could anyone explain if I'm compelled to pay this charge. "

Could anyone tell me an I compelled to pay this? My property agent is constantly trying to get me to pay random charges and this is the latest. Am I legally obliged to pay it?

Is there something in your contract that says you have to get permission to sublet and if so can you not deal directly with the manager. What documentation are they talking about? Is it a tenancy agreement with your new tenant or is it just a grant of permission for you to let. If you own the property I would imagine you can do whatever you like with it as long as it is within the rules set out governing the block when you purchased the property.

Back