Confusion re booking Bed and Breakfast

You have to be very careful where ever you go .I booked a hotel in London through hotels.com for B&B for a tripple room for my wife and two others .All paid upfront.On arriving down for breakfast at hotel my wife was told that b& b was only for two people sharing and would have to pay for third.After sharing booking forms with them the hotel waived the charge.
I was at home and checked my booking and only on the confirm email did it state breakfast for 2 way down the mail which i admit i didnt check , on contacting hotels.com it replyed that while it agreed that the booking page didnt allow for anything other than take a booking for a tripple and quote 1 price for B&B it clearly stated on the booking page that the booking was subject to the hotels rules and that I should have clicked into the hotels terms and conditions to read up on ....now who the hell has time to do this or would even guess an issue with the number of people .
Hotels.com gave me no satisfaction so i complained to the advertsing standards who ruled in my favour and instructed hotels.com to change the way they advertise.
Plenty of mails from advertsing standards and the marriott hotel group ( who were always very appologetic about the situation) but never once from hotels.com with exception of first response with their PFO reply .
I hope hotels.com dont do this sort of thing anymore .

Back