confused re. entitlements

G

galwaygirl20

Hi,
I was hoping somebody could give me some advice as I am not sure of my entitlements if any. Im 20 years old and expecting a baby in January. I was in university but have had to put my studies on hold. Im am living at home at the moment and unemployed. Im not making any claim for social welfare, am I entitled to any considering I am under 25 and living at home? I also do not have the option of remaining at home for much longer as my family are not willing to allow me to continue living at home once my baby is born. There are no council houses in my local area and so would ideally like to rent and hopefully avail of rent supplement, however my understanding is that I cannot get rent allowence until I am recieving a social welfare payment which I am not and don't know if I will be entitled to one, my family are not supporting my financially bar putting a roof over my head until I can move. If social welfare is means tested on my parents income it is unlikely I would qualify, the babies father wishes to remain supportive and involved in the babies life however we are not together and he is on jobseekers allowence thus his maintainance payments wouldn't cover anything.
I am unsure of what steps to make and any help regarding my situation is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Back