Confused about PRSI

E

eastish

I'm 16 years old, working one full day per week and earning about €60 per day. I'm working legally, but not paying tax as cut off point is like €69. I understood that I wasn't going to qualify for Treatment Benefit as I was wasn't paying PRSI but I went to welfare.ie and they say

To qualify for Treatment Benefit you must satisfy the PRSI conditions. Only PRSI at Classes A, E, H and P count.

If you are Under Age 21
You must have at least:

39 paid PRSI contributions since first starting work.

I'm in class A0 and my employer is paying roughly €6 per week on PRSI on my behalf. Am I definitely not able to qualify?

As it says you need 39 contribution weeks in the governing year ( the year before the year of claim ) to qualify. If you do not meet these requirements then you may not necessarily qualify.

My previous employer paid 39 payments on my behalf, and my current employer is on the 9th payment. The trouble is not the number of payments, but whether or not I can claim if it is my employer who is paying the PRSI.

I understand where you are coming from ............There is a difference between PAID contributions and CREDITTED contributions ............

Best wait for one of the experts to advise .

If the contributions are paid then it is irrelevant whether they have been by the employer or partly by you. Paid contributions are paid and as long you have the required number then your claim will be processed.

Credited contributions are a completely different matter and are awarded when you are in receipt of a Sw payment or following it

Sorry to hijack this thread but I think this is a similiar question.
Does an employee (AO PRSI) whose employer has made PRSI payments since Jan 2006 (52 weeks a year) qualify for maternity benefit in 2009? I think the answer is yes, but I would like it to be confirmed by anyone who understands this better than me. Thanks!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I think this is a similiar question.
Does an employee (AO PRSI) whose employer has made PRSI payments since Jan 2006 (52 weeks a year) qualify for maternity benefit in 2009? I think the answer is yes, but I would like it to be confirmed by anyone who understands this better than me. Thanks!

The conditions for MB are all listed here . Point No. 3 lists the PRSI conditions.

Back