Composite doors (Cork)

caljane

We are getting a new front door, most likely composite.

Prices for the same brand door vary by up to €1,000 for supply and fit. Lowest quote was €1600 for a single door Normally I'd go for a middle ground option but that variation sounds huge.

Does anyone have any advice? Or recommendations of companies who work in Cork?

A second question, our current doorway gap is very narrow (86cm). I've had varying advice about whether you can fit Palladio doors in that gap. Anyone any experience of this?

I'm not in Cork so can't help with that side of things! We've changed door before on a house, then renovated a few years ago on another house we bought, both times we went with an Apeer composite door & were delighted. I did not like the Palladio doors, looked cheap & seen a few reviews I didnt like. I'm a front door person if thats a thing & think the front door should be extremely decent, look good if not better than windows, & I live by the Atlantic so need something solid & that can take a beating from the storms we get!
I think we paid something in the area of 2500 maybe for the first door, door & 1 side panel of glass. The next door was about 3k but it was door and 2 full side panels of glass. The Apeer website has a bunch of Cork suppliers, so best to ask them about sizes and worth getting a quote anyway!

Back