Completing the Contributory Pension Application

Bedlam

Hi

On the above and where it asks for Employment details is it necessary to provide detail of all Employments? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine started work in 1968 (nearly 50 years ago) and has had numerous different Employments in that time almost to many to mention. Coupled with the fact that Social Welfare have provided him with their record of his social insurance payments for the period. Why do they request this information again. Would it suffice to give details of say his last 10 years of employment or how far should he try to go back?

Any help appreciated

The reason they ask for this is some ppl have worked in places and presumed prsi is being paid for them. It's important you provide a full record so they can cross check them. I don't work for social welfare but in my job I have come across lots of cases where ppl worked for yrs somewhere and no prsi was paid. This rarely happens now but was a regular thing years ago

He should look at his contribution record, it may help to jog his memory of where he was working in a particular year. However, in this case the person appears to have a full working history so they shouldn't be a problem.

In cases where it is obvious there is an entitlement to a full pension (based to the PRSI records) I have always put a note "see attached record" in the section where it says list all employments, and attached the record.

If there are any UK or other abroad contributions not on the record then you have some searching to do

If he has his PRSI record from Buncrana (Dept of Soc Protection records office) that should show his full record. That’s all he needs. Just attach a copy with perhaps list of most recent employers. If he wants UK or other relevant foreign service added to his Irish record, that’s a bit more complicated as Buncrana need to do the checking with the overseas Depts (eg Dept of Work and Pensions in UK). That may take a little time to confirm the details (after you give Buncrana the overseas work history).

If he has his PRSI record from Buncrana (Dept of Soc Protection records office) that should show his full record. That’s all he needs. Just attach a copy with perhaps list of most recent employers. If he wants UK or other relevant foreign service added to his Irish record, that’s a bit more complicated as Buncrana need to do the checking with the overseas Depts (eg Dept of Work and Pensions in UK). That may take a little time to confirm the details (after you give Buncrana the overseas work history).

The UK state pension is paid at age 65 and the Irish at age 66, how does that work?

Back