Complaint to Electric Ireland regarding smart meter plan and switching back to old plans.

I think I will wait until the move me to the new plan and then try to switch

As stated above you cannot revert back to an ordinary plan once you have moved to a Smart plan. When you move to a new plan you sign up for a 12 or 24 month contract. Even moving supplier still restricts you to a Smart plan.

As stated above you cannot revert back to an ordinary plan once you have moved to a Smart plan. When you move to a new plan you sign up for a 12 or 24 month contract. Even moving supplier still restricts you to a Smart plan.
They emailed me to say I would be moving onto the valureward priceplan. I'm not sure if this is a smartmeter plan or not

I am on a smart meter plan with electric Ireland called home saver plus. I didn't realise I was on a smart meter plan and never knew I couldn't switch from a smart meter plan when I signed up. Is there anything I can do?

They emailed me to say I would be moving onto the valureward priceplan. I'm not sure if this is a smartmeter plan or not

As you seem to be totally confused as to which plan you are on you should e-mail them and ask them to explain about your ValueReward plan and if it is a Smart meter plan or not. You can then refer back to the confirmation in writing from them when necessary.

it states "24-Hr Price per unit (kWh)" therefore it is not a smart plan. Smart plans can vary in price throughout the day, 24-hr plans don't.

Last edited:
Back