Comparing PTSB online Banking ??

maxwl

Hi.
I am considering changing my current account and CC (Mastercard) from BOI to PTSB (Visa ICE).

What I'm wondering is how does the PTSB online banking system compare with BOI. In particular, will I be able to examine my CC transactions and account details along with my current account details?

In these days of increasing CC fraud it's useful to have a daily online view of my CC account.

Thanks in advance.
Max

maxwl said:
In particular, will I be able to examine my CC transactions and account details along with my current account details?
Yes - PTSB Open24 supports this.

ClubMan said:
Yes - PTSB Open24 supports this.
Just for curiousity - What details does it show for each cc transaction? NIB's online banking just shows the amount/date/transaction type, but does not how the name of the outlet.

It shows the following:
  • Transaction date
  • Posting date
  • Transaction description (usually the outlet name and including foreign currency amount if applicable)
  • Amount in €s

ClubMan said:
It shows the following:
  • Transaction date
  • Posting date
  • Transaction description (usually the outlet name and including foreign currency amount if applicable)
  • Amount in €s

thinking of changing over to PTSB but do all my banking online with AIB, which i think is very good website (esp compared to BoI online). What is your opinion of the online service.

Hi Johhny

I currently do all my banking online with AIB, I also tried Ulsterbank online - Terrible, NIB online - barely ok, and now finally PTSB.

The PTSB website is very good, easy to navigate and layout is good. I am not yet sure if it is as good as AIB, but this may just be down to familiarity.

The logging on screen is very handy + your user number is printed on your cashcard, so one less number to memorise! then using a password and a 6 digit code it is secure.

hope this helps

seasons greetings

johnnyg said:
What is your opinion of the online service.
Fine. I just use it to check my current and VISA accounts and make some bill payments. That's all.

Back