Company Law/ Management Company

I thought that directors of struck off companies were barred from acting as directors again for something like 5 years under the CRO rules introduced over recent years? Or maybe this doesn't happen automatically?

Being a director of a struck-off company would not normally be sufficient grounds on its own to warrant disqualification proceedings. Otherwise tens of thousands of people would by now have been disqualified. The most typical disqualification cases are those where creditors have been left high & dry, notably the Revenue or where the ODCE has become aware of other illegal activity, eg illegal directors loans etc

Thrifty, good luck and plesae keep us informed of your progress.

The National Consumer Agency published a report last October entitled “Management Fees & Service Charges Levied on Owners of Properties in Multi-unit dwellings”. It’s a lengthy report (104 pages!) but worth a read.

The key to dealing with this issue imho is to read and understand the Management Agreement you signed on purchase together with the Companies Articles & Memorandum of Association (Memorandum in particular). Once you are armed with this information, it is up to you to ensure that both documents are strictly adhered to.

(Note: I will send you a PM with additional information too lenghty to post here)

Thanks, any information you can give me will be very much appreciated. Ill have a look for that report as well.

We (a no of residents) were unhappy with our management company directors and the management agent - who was doing nothing. A group of us were elected as the replacement directors. We are doing our best to meet with the management agent - to get details of our current status - receipts, invoices, accounts etc. He keeps avoiding all our calls. What can we do to get him to hand over the 'accounts'.

The best politician to contact regarding help for issues relating to Management Companies and agents is Joe Higgins. He has done fantastic work with many of the residents of managed estates in Dublin West and would be able to advise you of the best course of action in your particular case. (I have no political affiliations, but am just speaking from personal experience)

Back