Company director benefits

Orga

Hi all,

For some reason I can only post in a very limited number of fora - this being one but it might be appropriate here, if a moderator would like to change position of post please do so.

Am the chair of a voluntary organisation (in my spare time), we make use of the services of a group of people who are emplyed under a community employment scheme and are direct employees of a limited company to which I have been nominated as a director. The employees are paid by FAS and the company exists to employ the workers.

Anyway, just wondering where I might find info on the responsibilities of a company director and if there are pension implications, tax or PRSI implications - the work, both for the voluntary organisation and for the employing company is free, gratis and I receive nothing for it - nor would I want anything but am new to the whole company concept and am a by the book kinda guy, like to make sure that I give due consideration to all angles and do things right, so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

just did - blank there - but received email and replied to external a/c - hope was received!

Try www.cro.ie and download their free publications. One specifically for Company Directors and their responsibilities/obligations, etc.

Back