Laya company care plus renewal

november16

Hello Snowyb wonder can you advise me

I am on leya company care plus, renewal date, 1st Jan 2016. The Premium has risen to €1800 approx, in September 2015. Due to severe fracture sustained last year I may require - ongoing treatment / possible shoulder replacement, long term. I hope to use high tech hospital (not in limerick regional) as I would prefer not to end up like humpty dumpty. I also pay for sister and sister in laws policies (flex 500 explore) on separate policies. Wondering is there anything with better value available

november16,

The following plan is identical to your current plan, no hospital excess;
1. Company Care No Excess; price 1600pa from 1st Jan 2016. Same hospital cover as before, no private/hi tech excess for inpatient or day case,
good day to day cover as before.
[broken link removed]

http://www.hia.ie/news/laya-healthcare-price-reductions-01012016

The following 3 plans have a maximum inpatient excess per year, with a day case excess of 50 per visit;
2. Simply Connect; 999pa, similar hospital cover,(public, private and hi-tech), private/hi-tech inpatient excess 150 x 2 max, day to day cover max refund per year 300. Day case excess 50.

3. Simplicity plan; 1050pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, including a private room in a private hospital, private/hi-tech inpatient excess 100 x 2 max per year. Day to day cover included - the first 100 not allowed(100 excess).

4. Ideal Simplicity; 1250; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, including a private room in a private hospital, private/hi-tech inpatient excess 100 x 2 max per year. Day to day cover included - 50 excess( first 50 not allowed).

[broken link removed]

If shoulder replacement surgery is required in the future, this type of surgery is fully covered in the hi-tech hospital, Blackrock Clinic, on all 4 plans mentioned above. Depending on the plan you choose, either no excess payable on option 1, or 100, 150 payable for options 2,3 & 4.

If you don't mind taking out a plan with a limited excess, there is a lot of savings to be made on options 2,3, & 4.

Regarding your relatives plan, Flex 500 Explore, this is the lowest priced plan that includes all public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, no restrictions. The 3 plans cheaper in price would have a very restricted private hospital list and just cardiac + orthopaedic cover in hi-tech hospitals. Flex 500 Explore is the best choice plan at that price.

Regards, Snowyb

Back