Community Transmission. Can I got Covid - 19 from the following actions....

9. Walking in my home with my street shoes.
I do my supermarket shop every 3 weeks. I place my supermarket bags on the floor of my kitchen, while unpacking. I always wipe down the bottom of the supermarket bags and wipe the floor with a bleach product, after.

It would help if the track and trace people could get more detailed information from people about their actions over the previous week after catching the virus. Lumping it in to the category of "community transmission" seems a little too vague for me.

I do my supermarket shop every 3 weeks. I place my supermarket bags on the floor of my kitchen, while unpacking. I always wipe down the bottom of the supermarket bags and wipe the floor with a bleach product, after.

It would help if the track and trace people could get more detailed information from people about their actions over the previous week after catching the virus. Lumping it in to the category of "community transmission" seems a little too vague for me.
They have only now expanded the trace back 7 days to try establish root cause. Before now they went back 2 days to trg determine who else you might have infected. Probably down to resource constraints or maybe they doubt the reliability of peoples accounts eg if breaking restrictions

Probably down to resource constraints or maybe they doubt the reliability of peoples accounts eg if breaking restrictions
Do you think that there are many people out there who will lie about what they did in the previous week? I wonder what percentage of people would lie?

Do you think that there are many people out there who will lie about what they did in the previous week? I wonder what percentage of people would lie?
Most people yes but I dont expect someone who was at a party or shebeen or on a sun holiday then sent their kids to school to fess up. And probably those engaged in the riskiest exposures are more likely to come into contact with the virus.

And that is why the numbers will stay high unfortunately . So the sooner the better people just try and be responsible for their actions will be the sooner things improve for everyone.

Daily case numbers in Cork, Kerry, Kilkenny, Leitrim and Sligo are close to zero. I wonder what people are doing differently?

And Carlow . I do not know why this is though.
We are all just waiting for someone to open the door and let us good people out :)

Last edited:

I do a “big shop” every two weeks. Apart from wearing a mask, social distancing at the checkout and occasional hand sanitising, my routine is unchanged.

Most people yes but I dont expect someone who was at a party or shebeen or on a sun holiday then sent their kids to school to fess up
OK. So Mary has a coffee morning with 4 people present or Joe has a Men's shed meet up.

One of them infects the other three. Who in turn infect 6 family members....who in turn infect 6 other people. So let's say 100 people end up being infected.

This suggests that there are several Mary/Joes having coffee mornings every day to make up our 600 daily cases.

Is every body keeping quiet about it/where they got it? I would imagine that word would get out and at some stage this would stop the coffee mornings out of fear. First hand information etc.

OK. So Mary has a coffee morning with 4 people present or Joe has a Men's shed meet up.

One of them infects the other three. Who in turn infect 6 family members....who in turn infect 6 other people. So let's say 100 people end up being infected.

This suggests that there are several Mary/Joes having coffee mornings every day to make up our 600 daily cases.

Is every body keeping quiet about it/where they got it? I would imagine that word would get out and at some stage this would stop the coffee mornings out of fear. First hand information etc.
Not if its random 'coffee mornings' happening to different groups who dont know each other. And the impact on the ppl who attend are mild... but that seeds outbreaks in creches schools workplaces and spills oved into some community spread.

I do a “big shop” every two weeks. Apart from wearing a mask, social distancing at the checkout and occasional hand sanitising, my routine is unchanged.
Yes, I've noticed a difference in attitude between those in their 40's who have already had Covid Vs vulnerable people.

do my supermarket shop every 3 weeks. I place my supermarket bags on the floor of my kitchen, while unpacking. I always wipe down the bottom of the supermarket bags and wipe the floor with a bleach product, after.
If that makes you feel more comfortable that's fine but the chances of getting infected from the bottom of your shopping bag in extremely small.

Same here. Mask wearing and social distancing are the only effective ways of reducing risk in that environment.

Back