Commercial Property Receivership

CoffeeWorks

Hi all, My bank appointed a receiver over a commercial property which I unfortunately own (and is in arrears), at the same time they appointed a receiver they also sold the loan to a vulture fund. The receiver is saying that despite the fact that the loan is now the property of another legal entity they are still the receiver and rent should be paid to them, can anyone clarify whether this is the case ? I have asked the vulture fund for clarification but have not heard back from them.

Thanks for reply, so even though the paperwork says one banks name and the actual loan is owned by someone else..I find that strange to say the least, but thanks for the clarification in any case.

Thanks for reply, so even though the paperwork says one banks name and the actual loan is owned by someone else..I find that strange to say the least, but thanks for the clarification in any case.

I assume that arises from the magic word "assignees" which probably appears somewhere beside the name of the original lender on the paperwork. They have us every way :rolleyes:

Back