Other commercial insurance kitchen

mrissue

hi i need some help on this
my kitchen had some water damage and the insurance company want to dry out the appliances and not replace
what should I do as I do not want to have problems in the future

The advice given by insurers to let electrical items dry out seems at best absurd, at worse Dangerous. Electricity and water does not mix and electrical items even if they do dry out, can at a later stage become unreliable as corrosion sets into the PCBs. Switches can stick, connections corrode with resistance and heat build up.

I would strongly suggest that the OP obtains the services of the approved service engineers for the particular items and ask them to carry out a technical examination of these items and obtain a report outlining their recommendation for repair or whether they are beyond economical replacement. Present these reports to insurers as part of the claim.

the insurance company have sent out their own contractor to put a heater in the kitchen
I had my own electrical engineer give a report that most of the items to be replaced
some to be rewired.
what do i do if insurance say all are fine after drying
is it a case of i want replacement, they want the cheaper option of dry out and use
they have told me I will get a 12 month warranty
what do I do after 12 months if I have a problem

Back