Cold calling re. investing in Geoandina

M

melbin

Hi have recently been contacted by a broker company from Germany called Kauffmann Associates, I've no idea how they got my contact details. They are very anxious to sell me shares in a mining company called Geoandina, I am a bit suspisious about the whole think as they keep ringing me every day forcing the issue. They have agreed to sell me the shares at 22c each and guanantee that by time of floatation they will reach 75c. Has anyone come across this or have any opinions? Maybe it's a sound investment.

Re: Investments

It is illegal for any firm to cold-call customers in this country trying to convince them to buy shares. The next time they ring, ask them for full name, address and contact details - tell them you're interested in buying €500,000 worth of Geordina shares but just want to check their bona fides with the Irish Financial Regulator. See what reaction you get. Do pass on the details to the Financial Regulator as they are keen to stamp out illegal practices such as this.

They have agreed to sell me the shares at 22c each and guanantee that by time of floatation they will reach 75c.

This is rubbish. Nobody can make such a guarantee without the use of a crystal ball.

There's discussion about Geoandina on [broken link removed].

Challenging the cold callers is pointless. If you are pushed then report them to IFSRA but - in my experience - don't expect them to be too consumer friendly. A colleague played a little game stringing a cold caller along recently but it was no skin off their nose even when he mentioned things such as lack of authorisation etc. They just stick to the script in the hope that they collar some mugs which I presume they must.

Thanks a mill for your advice, I have their email address and contact number. I'll do what you've suggeated and let you know.
Cheers

Back