Coin Lodgement Charges for Businesses

mo3art

We seem to be charged quite a high percentage for coin lodgements to the bank.
We have to make the coin lodgements on a minimum of a weekly basis. The coin is counted, bagged and then weighed by us before handing over at the counter to the teller. The coin is various from 1c up to €2 along with notes. We don't make any coin withdrawals.
Does anybody know of any bank that doesn't charge a percentage fee, or even a lower than normal fee to business customers for making coin lodgements or withdrawals?

Last edited:
with boi i have a limit of €1500 per quater ( i think) before we are charged, i've never been charged for a coin lodgement

Try Talk To Bank And Do A Deal On All Bank Charges They Will Not Won't To Loose The Account

Thanks Contemporary, I wasn't aware that there was a €1,500 limit per quarter in BOI. Our coin lodgements would probably exceed that per quarter unfortunately.
We've a meeting with the bank in the next week so we'll certainly use that as a negotiating point.
You would think that by counting, bagging and weighing we would be doing them a favour. :) They won't accept it from us unless we do this, and yet still charge us for the "priviledge".

mo3art
Maybe find another business in your area that makes regular coin withdrawals. Team up to cut out the middle man!

Back