Coffee maker

Interesting question. I'd say they will last the Summer, as anyone working in an office will want to go out for a walk during lunch (I know I always did). But I wonder during the winter. They were here before Covid, placed at the car-parks where we go walking, e.g. Crosshaven walk. A new one has sprung up by the beach at the end of Ringaskiddy. I recognise it from when it was parked by Charlesfort in Kinsale. I suppose they are easy to move, cheap to store during the winter and bring out again during the summer.
Personally I don't use them, I'm an old fart and don't need the constant coffee in my hand.

Based on this thread I have decided to try out the Aeropress and I saw that it is less than half price at https://www.coffeeclick.ie/product/aeropress-coffee-maker/ currently in case anyone else wants to try it out.
Just to come back on this, been using it now for a few weeks and I agree with Paid, this makes a very nice cup of coffee (and it's very easy to clean after when using the paper filters). I do still like my Nespresso but this is a very nice alternative and a snip at the price I got it at.

I used to have a Gaggia and the coffee from it was very good but it ended up causing me a world of pain....it needed more servicing than I did :p

Bought an Aeropress a few years ago and never looked back. The steel ring is great too - saves a lot of messing & time....just a quick empty into my little compost lunchbox, a rinse and it's done. One thing though, it's really only good for making one or two cups at a time - if I am making coffee for a group I'll use the plunger.

My usual coffee is Lavazza and I stock up when they're on special at Tesco - usually 2 x 250g bags for 6.50 or something. A few weeks ago I bought a bag of Badger & Dodo and it's really very good. But at 9.50 a bag I think the Lavazza is better value.

I have a strong cup first thing in the mornings and usually two at the weekends....after writing this though, I'm gonna go maaad and put on a brew now I think!

Well, I have two bags of the Lidl traditionale beans in my drawer. Still waiting for the coffee grinder to come from china, it has been dispatched and is on it's way. I've weighted the normal tablespoon of coffee I use in the Aeropress (14g), and will use the same weight in beans when the grinder arrives.

My usual coffee is Lavazza and I stock up when they're on special at Tesco - usually 2 x 250g bags for 6.50 or something. A few weeks ago I bought a bag of Badger & Dodo and it's really very good. But at 9.50 a bag I think the Lavazza is better value.

I've been trying a few of the Bell Lane offerings, around €7 for the standard 250g bag or €25 per kilo, and they run 10 or 25% off every now and then.

Back