Coachbuilders on the Clontarf Road ?

zag

Where to get seatbelts fitted ?

Does anyone know the name of the coachbuilders on the Clontarf Road ? A bit vague I know, but these are the guys who do modifications for all the taxis in Dublin from what I have seen. I have seen their name on a few taxis and someone recommended them to me, but I just can't remember the name.

Alternatively, anyone know of a firm that can retro-fit seat belts to approved standards ?

z

Last edited:
O'Kelly conversions I think is the name you're looking for. They are based just past Blackbanks as you approach the Kilbarrack Rd. from Raheny, along the coast.

Good man yourself. I had Kellys in mind, but I couldn't find them in the phone book. I guess that was because I was missing the O bit.

Cheers,

z

Plan B.

O'Kellys don't do them.

There must be someone out there who is certified to fit seatbelts to vehicles, but damned if I can find them. I know there is hardly a roaring trade in fitting seatbelts since most vehicles come with them, but if one is damaged or cut there must be someone out there who knows how to a) source the fittings and b) fit them securely.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

z

zag,

You've probably checked these guys out already in the [broken link removed] but this would lead one to believe that they do [broken link removed]

If I'm totally misunderstanding what you're trying to achieve would the NCT people have any advice? If you don't get anything there send me a PM and I might be able to check it out with a few friends.

Back