Co Ownership agreement

kopkidda

Solicitor has recommended that we get one drawn up?He is going to charge us €240 for doing this for us,this sound about right?

Hi Kopkidda,

I usually charge about €300. Obviously I think it's worth it!! I spend time with the clients explaining what their rights and responsibilities are, recommending the basic format of the agreemend and thrashing out what they want to happen if things go wrong etc. Then I draft the document to their requirements.

Personally, I think it's money very well spent as it can save a lot of heart ache and legal fees if you break up.

Good luck.

Kate.

Cost sounds fine, they are worth it, you might not think it now but if the time came that you had to call on it there would be far less grief, i've had people tell me there's no need, most of the time there's not but i'm in the throws of a fighting couple at the moment who were starry eyed telling me they didn't need one, i wouldn't advise drafting it up yourselves, one party could claim they didn't know what they were signing or the consequences of it so if it has all been explained to them from the outset there can be no using ignorance as a defence!

Thanks a lot Kate and legalhawk,I reckon its a good idea too and I will be getting it done.

Get one done, I am in a situation now trying to get out of co -ownership. Its a knightmare!

Ok. whatever! Does it really matter? Just trying to give my advice

Back