Closing threads

A

Asimov

Well reluctantly I finally decided to register my name.

Just for info rainyday, I was impersonated on the last 3 posts on the Ryanair thread.

You ask why every Ryanair thread deteriorates into slagging? The simple answer is that a certain group on this board will drag down any thread that scrutinises or criticises that company.

I think the right thing for you to do now would be to reopen the thread and delete the abusive comments under my name. Lets see the debate continue, don't join the wreckers in their aims to stifle the facts.

assimov

criticize it all you want -
you get what you pay for
don't like it - don't use it

Right!

Yes...thats what I want to see...criticism being allowed.
Especially criticism of Big Business. And bullying managers.
In other words free-speech.
I take it you don't like that?>?

Right!

Jaysus! Three posts in and this topic has already gone to the dogs. Well done to the moderators for taking a zero tolerance to rubbish topics... :rolleyes

Thanks Asi

I'll take it from here Asi. Thanks for the free puclicity. Done the share price the world of good. Your one o my finest mate.

Re: Thanks Asi

Hi Asimov - Glad to see you have registered to protect your reputation. To be honest, your 'conspiracy theory' that some parties are deliberately being personal and/or abusive in order to force a thread closure is a bit hard too believe. I'm not saying that it is entirely impossible, but it does seem quite unlikely. While I'd love to think that AAM is so influential that Ryanair supporters would be interested in controlling critical threads in this way, I don't think this is true in reality.

However, the motivations of such posters really isn't that relevant to us. The 'below the line' forums of Askaboutmoney (Letting off Steam, Dont Askaboutmoney etc etc) are not core activities for AAM. The volunteer moderators do not have time to be picking through each thread in these forums deciding which posts are abusive. As long as posters get personal/abusive, we're going to close the thread.

Re: Thanks Asi

Asimov,

The old thread will not be re-opened, but if a new one is opened you can now rely on the fact that people will be aware of your registered status and will be in a position to disregard unregistered Asimov posts.

This should help keep the relevant debates ontrack.

z

I'm not going to start another thread just to have the Lurkers drag it off course again with endless digression and disruption. They're already at it on this thread and I can't be arsed playing their silly games. I've better things to do with my time.
Speaking of Lurkers...Piggy said he's a MODERATOR on the Ryanair thread! Is that true!? Please tell me its not...how in Gods name could anyone let him take charge? This BB is going to the dogs!

Piggy said he's a MODERATOR

I can't see where Piggy claimed that myself. For the record Piggy is not an AAM moderator. I have no idea if Piggy is an alias used by one of the actual moderators but my gut feeling is that it's not.

This BB is going to the dogs!

How so? Every so often there's a minor kerfuffle about (real or suspected) spamming/trolling/censorship/etc. but in general I personally believe that the quality of the content on the site is quite high. Well, with the exception of certain "below the line" forums...

trolls forcing thread closure

Hi Asimov, welcome to registeredom!

To be honest, your 'conspiracy theory' that some parties are deliberately being personal and/or abusive in order to force a thread closure is a bit hard too believe.

I for one have long suspected that certain threads (related to aviation) have been deliberately targeted by trolls in order to force thread closure. What motive do these trolls have? I suggest nihilism. but consiracy theorists might suggest something altogether more organised and sinister.

ajapale

I'm not going to start another thread just to have the Lurkers drag it off course again with endless digression and disruption

Asimov,

For the record I believe that a lot of what was written in the Pruune thread was quite possibly factual and I might even agree with you that Mick isn't such a nice guy to work for. You'll notice that I'm capable of looking at a point of view objectively, without taking the person who posted it, or their dislike for me into account.

Unfortunately, you approached the topic all wrong, in my opinion. It took the best part of a page to finally get you to provide the link to the website you were qouting from. That's all we wanted and it's pretty standard stuff I might add. Once I'd seen the link and read through it (briefly) I knew that what you were qouting was real.
However, much to my amazement, you continued to completely ignore the question concerning your conflict of interest for the rest of the thread.
I'd hazard a guess that you do have quite a strong conflict in relation to Ryanair...but that's just conjecture on my part.

Digression is part and parcel of most debates Asimov. You could have cleared up both of my questions with one post...but instead decided to ridicule me and call me childish names. Is it any wonder your post went to the dogs?

Piggy said he's a MODERATOR on the Ryanair thread
Anyone who read that post would know that I said nothing of the sort so I don't really understand what you hoped to achieve by making something as ridiculous as that up to be honest.
In fact, I find it strange that you'd talk about conspiracy theories when you asked me why I always look for them in your second reply to me in that post..."Why do you always look for a conspiracy theory?"

If you want to have a grown up discussion about Ryanair Asimov then I'd suggest that you keep your remarks civil so that others might ask you relevant questions concerning your relationship with Ryanair and your motives for discussing the topic in the first place. That way, I'm sure you'll find that people are only too willing to delve deeper into the topic if they find it interesting.

For the record, I'm obviously not a moderator and neither am I an alias of a moderator. Oh...and if you want to see some serious trolling in action Asimov, try opening a topic on US foreign policy and see how far you get.

Piggy, my mistake, you aren't a moderator. Glad to hear it.

Conspiracy theory? Not really. Just a simple statement of the fact that every Ryanair thread on this BB gets trashed. Read it whatever way you like...but don't deny it happens...rainyday said so himself.

Perhaps you've heard the old military quotation...
Once is chance.
Twice may be coincidence.
Three times is enemy action.

Regarding my 'vested interest' piggy (here we go again)...I have no vested interest beyond the fact that I'm interested in aviation and unions. What about that!

Whats your vested interest...for the record?

Whats your vested interest...for the record?

Meant to say...last post in the thread I already stated that I have no conflict of interest in discussing Ryanair.

I have to say that this tread is heading very close to being closed as well.

jem,

I'm genuinely wondering why you said this post was close to being closed? Has there been anything said that is deemed out of order? Unless you believe that it just serves no purpose?

slippery slope

In fairness piggy I think this one is already on its way down a slippery slope ?!

Back