Clonmellon, Co. Meath

Palantir_Use

Anyone got any comments on Clonmellon ?
(North of Trim, if you need a map).

I'd be commuting to Blanchardstown ... so don't need to cross the M50

What's it like to live in?

Been through it a number of times - I can only say that my impression was that it was lifeless and depressing - sorry.

You may not have to cross the M50, but won't you have to go through Kells, Navan and Dunshaughlin (until the M3 is built)? I'm sure other posters can tell you what a nightmare that can be!

I've passed through Clonmellon several times, thought it was a bit of a truck thoroughfare (on main route Kells-Mullingar). No, I wasn't driving a truck!

Hey there @Palantir_Use, just wondering if you ever moved down to Clonmellon and if so, what has your experience been like? I'm thinking of moving there myself, I currently live in Blanchardstown

We currently live quite close to Clonmellon.

A fairly quiet village, though with heavy traffic from the N52. Easy enough to get to Dublin - best bet is to use the R154 past Athboy and Trim rather than the M3.

Also worthy of note that, as part of service changes planned for Meath in late September / early October 2016, Bus Eireann will introduce a route serving Clonmellon for the first time.

It will be 111X, morning trip in to Dublin (arriving 0830) evening trip back from Dublin (leaving after 5pm) and will run as follows:

Delvin, via N52 to Clonmellon, then R154 to Athboy, then N51 onto M3 and express to city via M3, M50 and Finglas QBC.

OldNewbie

Back