clearing ccc

clonboy

hi,, i am looking at the best option to clear a debt of 4.5 k off my wifes card..

has anyone ever called them up and asked is there a payment method where as they just settle for a little less,???

bit hopefull maybe i know,,

or will they stick to their guns for the last penny..

i have the money,, should i just clear it all now

hi,, i am looking at the best option to clear a debt of 4.5 k off my wifes card..

has anyone ever called them up and asked is there a payment method where as they just settle for a little less,???

bit hopefull maybe i know,,

or will they stick to their guns for the last penny..

i have the money,, should i just clear it all now

If you have the money why do you not want to just clear the debt?

Hi
They wouldn't settle for less, it's what they are owed: but you'll save quite a bit in interest if you pay it straight off..
If you can afford it, you should pay it off (then look at how the bill got up to that level, then get your missus to cut up the card..Not necessarily in that order!)
:)
Nicola

If you have had missed minimum monthly payments with them and they have you noted as a debt that is in arrears and have written to you regarding this, you can ring them and ask them for a settlement figure.

Its depending on your payment history and depending on the cc company though......

I do it for clients in work all the time but their debts would be serious. Payments may have been missed for months and the debt may even have gone legal.

Depends on the circumstances really..........

A settlement figure? You owe them 10k and haven't paid anything for a year so they might settle for 6k sorta thing ?

Back