Clear car finance with credit union loan?

pinkstars

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice please.
I have a car finance loan of €260 a month and I have 36 repayments to go, bringing me up to over €10,000. If I were to pay off the finance now, the settlement balance is about €8,400 - €8,600.

Was thinking of topping up my credit union loan currently owe about €8,000 and have savings of about €3,000.

I pay back €80 a week, that might have to go up to paying €90 a week.

Just trying to free up some money as have a baby on the way and don't want to be struggling. Pay €115 on my mortgage a week and my net pay is €386 a week after paying €80 on my credit union. €386 minus €115 mortgage payment is what I will have to myself a week, (not paying the car)

I think I am confusing myself now.

Hope someone could tell me if this is a good idea my only worry is if anything is to happen and I need money asap and can't approach Credit Union after maxing them out. My partner also works and pays same on mortgage, €100 to his credit union a week and €200 on his car finance a month aswell as paying Sky, Bins, Perlico etc.

Thanks

Car finance interest rate is 12.5% and credit union is 8 ish % on a reducing balance. Does this answer my question for me?

Cheers!

Back