Cleaning Shower Doors & Walls

M

myquestion

Cleaning Shower Doors & Walls

Just wondering if anyone can recommend and products that actually DO clean the surface grime / water / lime sclae that builds up on shower tiling and shower doors overtime. A lot of products to choose from but do any actually work properly and clean the surfaces initially and continue to keep clean afterwards with constant use?

Hi Myquestion,

IMHO elbow grease is the only thing that keeps a bathroom clean! :)

Have tried many products over the years and I find that Domestos (ventilate the room well when using and wear old clothes - lifts the colour) for sanitary ware and CIF (using a toothbrush) for grouting are the best options.

I wouldn't been keen on the brillo pad because when I tried this it scratched the surface.

cleaning showers

If you don't want to go down the chemical route, lemon juice and bicarb. of soda shifts the grime. Although it does need the elbow grease and the toothbrush for the grouting.

shower

.... I thought that Cillit Bang was goin to be the wonder cleaner of the decade.....

cleaning tiles/grout

there is a limescale remover available from lidl it is in a red and yellow screwcap bottle, its pretty toxic thought but is wonderful for limescale and bring the tiles up like new

hi

ahh more chemicals for me to ingest when in the sea this summertime. yumm yumm.

Re: I only know of chemicals

cilit bang is great, works wonders on shower doors, taps etc
But do be warned - do NOT leave it on longer than the recommended time of 1 min, I heard of a person on the radio who used it and it took all the enamel off her bath. Its also not suitable for all surfaces so read instructions.

SuperValu own brand do a limescale remover in a blue bottle, it is great also, wonders wonders in the loo but they do say not to use it with septic tanks. I used it on chrome taps and it discoloured them.

Other than that get yourself a squeegee (sp?) and an extra 30 seconds in the shower and clean the shower door after every shower. You'll only have to clean once in blue moon.

I found that vinegar and warm water works best but it still does involve some elbow grease. Once we got them clean we began using that Mr Muscle spray that you put on after every shower to prevent more grime builiding up and that did the trick! It only takes a second to spray on before you leave the shower cubicle.

Back