Clarification/can DB pension members use AVCs to buy ARF

rheinie

Just a point of clarification can members of DB schemes use their AVC fund and but it into an ARF.Thanks

I'm not an expert in this field but a few years ago when our DB scheme began to allow AVC's, we were told by the financial gurus that these could subsequently used to (a) augment the pension or (b) fund part or all of a lump sum or (c) transferred to an ARF.:)

Thank you for reply and that is how I roughly understood it myself,but thought that I saw somewhere that this ARF option was not available to PAYE workers.Am probably confusing it with some other situation.

As long as you have a guaranteed income of €12700p.a. you can invest your AVCs in an ARF

Thank you for reply and that is how I roughly understood it myself,but thought that I saw somewhere that this ARF option was not available to PAYE workers.Am probably confusing it with some other situation.

ARF options are not available to PAYE (non shareholding director) workers in respect of ordinary contributions to a scheme; they are in respect of AVCs, subject to bongo2's caveat above.

With regard to the 12700euro income would a redundancy payment be considered an income.Am thinking of a situation where a person was a member of a DB scheme and this scheme went (belly up) to coin a phrase,before a person reached retirement and the only money available to him was redundancy payment .Would this then be considered as an Income.Am I making sense.

Back