Claiming TRS married couple on a single mortgage application

Rachgg

Prior to myself and my husband getting married he had a mortgage that was just finished being paid. Once we were married he got another small mortgage (with the same provider) to build an extension onto our house but did this as a single person. I was self employed at the time and it made his application much more straight forward.
We are now 3 years into this 10 year mortgage and have just realised that TRS has not been applied during this time.
We now need to apply for it but this will be as a married couples tax relief rate.
When revenue send the bank our details showing them that we are married and have been since before the mortgage was given will this cause problems with the mortgage application?
We have never missed a payment and have had no financial concerns regarding the mortgage.
Thanks.

It is none of the banks concern.

They just take whatever Revenue give them and apply it against the mortgage.

Thanks for the reply Time, but will they look into the fact that we were married when my husband filled in the application form claiming he was a single person. Could someone in the bank spot this and it be deemed fraud? When someone in the bank applies this to the mortgage repayments how much detail do they look into or is it just a quick tick of the boxes and apply the tax relief?

It is an automated process. The bank receives a file monthly from Revenue and simply applies it to their accounts automatically.

Back