Claiming tax back from Revenue

S

Srini10

Hello there,

I am looking to get some information/suggestion on claiming the tax back from Revenue. I am residing and working in Ireland from past 6 years. At the moment my wife and myself have decided to re-locate back to our home country for good. Can anyone please advice me the following:

a. Are we eligible to claim the tax back?. Both of us are continous employment in Ireland.
b. If so, what is the procedure of applying for the same and how long it would normally take for Revenue to come back with the decision.

Please advice,

Srini10

You can claim back tax in respect of credits/allowances that you were entitled to but did not claim over the past 4 tax years. If you leave Ireland mid year then you may be entitled to claim back some tax paid to date. However it may also be dealt with by way of the relevant [broken link removed] between Ireland and your home country.

Thanks for your information. What is the procedure of doing this? I have not claimed any tax so far. It will be great if you can let me know the procedure in brief. Can I do this online, or should I be present in front of revenue commissioners.

What documents should I be having before applying for refund? Please advice, sorry for lot of questions.

REgards,

Srini10

I have not claimed any tax so far.
Presumably you have at least claimed your standard credits/allowances otherwise you would presumably have been paying emergency tax for 6 years and would presumably have been receiving little or nothing into your hand!
It will be great if you can let me know the procedure in brief. Can I do this online, or should I be present in front of revenue commissioners.
Are you PAYE? If so then you can register for the [broken link removed]. Or you may want to just write to Revenue or drop in and explain your situation. If you are self employed then you should get advice from your accountant.
What documents should I be having before applying for refund? Please advice, sorry for lot of questions.
P60s for the relevant years. P45 if leaving mid year. Payslips if necessary.

Back