CityWest

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

Hi,

I have recently purchased in the Belfry in CityWest. I was wondering if anyone had any views on potential developments in the Area ie Luas.

Any General Views, I know there is a shopping Centre planned for 06. What are schools like in Saggart?

Thanks in advance,

L

I live close by to the Belfry (for over 6 years now) and never experienced any trouble in the area. I do think the area lacks amenities but I see light at the end of the tunnel with the proposed luas extension and shopping centre. I've heard from a few people that it may be a Superquinn which would be great. I hate having to go to the Square each time I want more than a handful of groceries. Schools - I'm not so sure of - I know a few people who have their kids in St. Mary's NS in Saggart and I believe they're happy enough but it's hard to get in due to demand on places. There's also a few schools in Rathcoole (including a gaelscoil). HTH.

I too have bought in The Belfry and can't wait to move in. I have been out that direction a number of times now and have never been able to figure out where the shopping centre is being built??

Is it under construstion or just one of the many fields out that way??

HI,
Me too bought it there.
DO you guys think its good to go with builders standard tiling (for bathroom, kitchen), OR would it be better & cheapter to do it separately with the tile allowance (may be it cost more?)

Thanks
SAM

The tiling allowance won't really buy you many tiles so it is going to be more expensive. I plan on going with what the builders are putting in. From the show house they do look nice, but I suppose choosing your own tiles gives it that personal touch.

Also probably not the easiest job to do well if you are not a dab hand at DIY.

I've bought there too, won't be moving in till around Oct.....we have bought a 3 bed end terrace from Hollioake and weren't given a choice of a tile allowance.....but if we had the choice we'd probably go for the standard tiling anyway. Has anyone else bought from Hollioake????

Hi,
No. I bought it from Durkan HOmes. Anyone has any other views?

-SAM

I bought from Durkan as well. I just preferred the layout in their houses, but in saying that the Hollioake homes have some nicer finishing touches like the wooden front doors. I saw a post here before from someone saying that the sound insulation is not as good in Durkan homes but I guess I will soon find out??

Did anyone get a completion date for his or her houses?? I was told June by the estate agents but asked one of the foremen and they said Sept........

Me too got the same reply, hoping to be ready by end of sept-oct.

SAM

Does anyone know if there will be a second entrance into the estate?? Or will it just remain as it is??

Ta!

As far as I was aware you could get into the estate from either of the right turns past Jobstown. The first turn means you have to take the first left and drive up through one of the old estates.

Unless that entrance will be closed off?

I bought a house overlooking the green in the centre. I was up that direction the other day and it looks like the green space will be a lot smaller from the plans. I know they can do this but has anyone heard if this is for real or am I just imagining it? :)

I see! Thanks for that Wiggles!

Speaking of the plans...I was having a look up there the other day too and was surprised! Im not overlooking the green but am much closer to the old De Selby estate than I thought! and the space in front of my house looks alot narrower than it does on the plans too! It seems the plans are not that accurate at all.....

I'm hoping that when its completed it'll look better....

See for more info about the new Citywest Village development mentioned at the top of this thread. They even have some nice CG photo-likes of what it should look like. Interesting glass covering on the roads :)

FWIW, word is that Superquinn is the anchor store in the new Citywest Village. They've started to break the ground. Furthermore, I've heard that a Luas extension is to start in 12 months or so. I'm not so sure of this to be honest. It's at least second-hand information. Further up Fortunestown Lane, the new shops being built beside the golf course are to host the likes of Gucci and Armani for Mr Mansfield's golfing buddies.

Back