chorus -box top set

D

dollyclare

I have sky sports through a box top set on my telly.When it was installed the chap told me it would play through channel 20 on my telly-which it did.Now someone was messing with the telly and I have lost the reception.How do I tune it into ch 20 again.I have tried unsuccessfully.What no. do I set the box top to first,then do I use av on the telly.help please.

If the set top box is connected with a SCART cable then you should use (one of) the A/V (Audio/Visual) input(s) on your TV selectable through the remote control. See for some relevant information.

If the set top box is connected to the TV via a co-axial cable then you will need to tune a particular channel into it. Some VCRs and set top boxes have a switch at the back to generate a test pattern to facilitate tuning a channel in so that it finds the device output (and so that you can distinguish it from other TV channel signals etc.). If this does not exist on yours then you simply have to scan for a signal on the selected channel and, when it finds one, switch channel on the set top box to see if the newly tuned channel changes. If it does you have tuned the TV channel to the device and are done.

Does that make sense to you?

thanks clubman.It only kinda makes sense to me.My box set is attached by cable so I have to scan for channel.No switch that you mention.My problem is -I turn on tv at channel 20.If I search here I just get all the normal (UH,Uetc,) channels.At this stage my boxset is just at ON but not set at a particular.no.So my tv will not pick up the boxset.What do I do now.Am I making sense.?
p.s. I know my boxtop channels are all tuned in as I can play them on a pvr by using an av output cable.

At this stage my boxset is just at ON but not set at a particular.no.So my tv will not pick up the boxset.What do I do now.Am I making sense.?

Now I'm confused... can you not just switch the set-top box to a working channel and then try to tune the TV channel into displaying this?

Yes, clubman,I tuned in lots of channels but none came through box top.I FIGURED IT OUT-after ages.When I set my box top to ch 31 which is Sky Sport eventually it came through tv.yipee.Thanks for help again.
p.s.If I find a new channel(e.g.-E4)and tune it into my telly ,how then can I tune it into the box top set.

how then can I tune it into the box top set.

Are those set top boxes user tunable? I had an ntl: cable box and there was no obvious facility for tuning additional channels in. I'm sure that it was possible using a suitable remote/key sequence or by opening it up but I never bothered. Presumably Chorus can advise you on this?

I don't see any device for tuning but I wont bother further,I was just curious.I think I have enough chs already as I only have 2 eyes!!
Thanks a lot

Back